Whether you purchased an older home or contracted a new home build, one of the best decisions you can make is installing quality insulation materials for comfort and energy efficiency. With that in mind, let’s review the different types of home insulation in Petaluma, CA:
- Roof insulation: For some homes and buildings, it may be better to insulate the roof instead of the attic. This is considered a smarter option when you’re using the attic to store a lot of items, or if your home’s HVAC equipment is installed up there. As with attic insulation, the right amount of roof insulation will keep your rooms at a comfortable temperature throughout the year.
- Ceiling insulation: You might notice that your energy bills go up during certain times of the year, like in the winter and summer, even if you aren’t using your HVAC all that much. To avoid higher energy costs, make sure your entire home is properly insulated, including the ceilings. Ceiling insulation is an important factor when you want to protect the inside of your home from seasonal weather temperatures and changes.
- Crawlspace insulation: Oftentimes homebuilders forgo adding crawlspace insulation, or homeowners install the incorrect type of insulation for these types of spaces. Without quality insulation in crawlspaces, your home or building can quickly become uncomfortable during the colder and hotter months. Furthermore, unprotected crawlspaces can get damp, which can cause mold growth or wood rot. Talk to your insulation contractor about insulation that is specially made for crawlspaces to prevent moisture buildup.
- Attic insulation: If heat or cold air can pass through your attic’s insulation materials, then you are likely to see a significant increase in your energy bills. You do not want a poorly insulated attic because, when heated interior air rises, like in winter, heat is lost through attic air leaks. An insulation expert can tell you whether you have air leaks in your attic, as well as seal off discovered leaks and either replace or add attic insulation.
- Floor and wall insulation: Insulating your home all around is the most effective way to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures. You should have insulation on all sides of the house, including the ceilings, roof and basement walls, but especially under your flooring and within the walls. Unfortunately, though they’re important types of insulation to install, wall and floor insulation are often overlooked.
- Duct insulation: Your home’s ductwork is out of sight, so making sure it is properly insulated can be difficult. Most commonly, you’ll find un-insulated ductwork in your attic, crawlspace or basement. Keep in mind that the ductwork will usually have the same temperature as these mentioned spaces, meaning your ducts have to heat up or cool down before heating or cooling your home—your HVAC will have to work much harder! Quality duct insulation will increase the comfort of your indoor living environment and improve energy performance.
For more information about the different types of home insulation in Petaluma, CA, feel free to call Ace Insulation Inc. We offer quality insulation options and provide exceptional installation services!
Categorised in: Home Insulation