If you’ve lived in your home for a few years’ worth of seasons and your home insulation is good, then you are well aware of how different the temperature can be when you are inside versus being outside. That’s because your insulation is of good quality—able to keep the heat out in the summer and the cold from entering in the winter. Other homeowners, however, may benefit from new residential insulation installation—especially with the cooler months approaching. Still not sure whether replacing your home insulation is right for you? Let’s take a look at the advantages of having spray foam insulation in Petaluma, CA during the cold winter months:
- Lowers heating bills: First and foremost, spray foam insulation can contribute to lowering your winter heating bills. In fact, you are sure to notice a significant decrease right away, and your furnace won’t have to work extra hard to maintain a consistent, comfortable indoor room temperature. That’s great news with the holidays coming up!
- Creates a consistent indoor temperature: In addition to spray foam insulation acting as a barrier to keep out undesired cold air, the insulation itself helps to create even temperatures throughout the house. This means that, unless you have a ductwork issue, there should be a consistent temperature in each room of the house. The wintertime benefit is that you will stay pleasantly warm.
- Keeps moisture out: Although mold growth is not as big of an issue during the winter as it is in the summer months, you do need to be aware of the potential for moisture. If there are leaks in the roof, ceilings, walls or flooring, you may run into problems this winter. The good news is that spray foam provides an airtight seal that lasts for years, even decades. It’s an exceptional moisture barrier, keeps water from getting inside and prevents costly damage. With a strong foam installation, there’s less worry when stormy winter weather arrives.
- Eliminates unpleasant cold drafts: Because spray foam insulation in Petaluma, CA is airtight, that means it gets into every crack and tiny corner of the area where it’s installed. Foam provides an incredibly high quality seal in any room, but works especially well in attics and crawlspaces where a lot of air can sneak in.
- Reduces noise: Spray foam has the ability to reduce noise from entering the room where it is installed. An exterior facing wall will block out a majority of any outside noise—like street traffic, loud neighbors, loud music and road construction. It’s also a layer of insulation in between individual rooms of your house, as well as the plumbing in the walls.
The fact of the matter is that you and your family deserve to be comfortable in your own home. If there are drafts coming in through walls, it’s consistently cold inside, moisture is building up in spots and you can hear everything going on outside, there’s a good chance your home insulation material is inefficient. Call the professionals at Ace Insulation Inc. for more information about the benefits of spray foam insulation in Petaluma, CA during the winter months—and all year round!
Categorised in: Spray foam insulation