Almost everyone has peered into an attic and seen the soft, foamy insulation that pads the structure of a home. Fewer people know exactly how important that insulation is for maintaining an efficient household. Insulation comes in many different varieties and can have a major impact on a family’s comfort levels, budget and carbon footprint. When you build or renovate a home with proper insulation in Petaluma, CA, you’re making an investment into a piece of your property that will benefit you for years to come.
The following are five advantages of having a well insulated home:
- Reduced energy bills: A poorly insulated home can cause serious spikes in your energy bill. In fact, a home that doesn’t have enough insulation—or whose insulation isn’t correctly installed—can lose up to 30 percent of its energy through leaky spots near windows, doors, the attic or a basement. When air escapes, your heating and cooling system has to work increasingly hard to maintain the desired temperature. This costly process can easily be avoided by ensuring your home is properly insulated.
- Muted household sounds: Even the largest house can feel small when sounds in other rooms travel through the walls. Insulation absorbs the waves from sounds throughout your home and diminishes overall noise. Whether it’s a conversation happening downstairs or a loud TV in the next room, you will be relieved to have insulation help you maintain a quiet household.
- Increased property value: It’s no secret that a house is a major investment. Even if, at the time of your construction or remodeling project, you don’t think you’ll ever want to sell your home, it’s wise to protect this major asset by installing insulation correctly. Insulation is something that potential buyers look for and will ask about in a home they are considering. Thinking ahead and taking measures to properly insulate your home could reduce the time your house spends on the market and increase its resale value, should you decide to list it.
- Reduced environmental impact: Because a home with correctly installed insulation uses less energy, it is inherently better for the environment and reduces the amount of chemicals that are released into the air. Additionally, certain types of insulation use foams manufactured with a reduced environmental impact. If you’re concerned about having an eco-friendly home, ask your insulation installers about which option is best for your needs.
- Regulated temperatures: Insulation is what keeps your home at a comfortable temperature. In the winter, insulation keeps heat in and the cold out so your home stays warm. In the summer, it traps cold air to keep you cool. By correctly insulating your home, you can trust that your HVAC system will easily maintain the temperature you select on your thermostat.
The many benefits of proper insulation make it a worthy investment that can save you money, energy and time for years. When constructing or remodeling a home, consult a reputable installer to guide you through the insulation process and explain your options. If you would like to know more about how quality insulation in Petaluma, CA can benefit your home, consult the skilled professionals at Ace Insulation Inc today.