One effective way to cut down on your energy bills is to insulate your home. Home insulation ensures that indoor temperatures remain comfortable by keeping heat out when it is hot outside — and in when a warmer indoor temperature is needed. Because of insulation, you will not have to rely heavily on the HVAC system to keep comfortable indoor temperatures.
Several insulation products are on the market, each of which has its benefits. Research shows that about 85 percent of American homeowners are insulating their attics using fiberglass. What then makes fiberglass such a popular material for home insulation?
The Benefits of Fiberglass Insulation
Below are the benefits of fiberglass insulation in homes:
- It is both fire-resistant and moisture-resistant: One of the risks of homeownership is the possibility of property damage due to a natural calamity. Luckily, in the case of a fire or a flood, you can bet on fiberglass to resist these elements. Fiberglass is not waterproof, since it can become wet. However, it does not hold or retain water. You can dry it easily and put it right back in the attic. And since fiberglass is moisture resistant, you will not have to worry about mildew or mold growth. Additionally, fiberglass is noncombustible, a particularly desired quality since installing attic insulation requires lining the materials within wooden joists.
- Soundproofing: Installing fiberglass within the walls and floors of your home assists in minimizing the noises from objects dropping, footsteps, and people talking in a neighboring room. When your property has excellent soundproofing, its privacy levels increase as well.
- High R-Value: The R-value of a material measures its capacity to prevent heat transfer. The greater the R-value, the more resistance the material is to conductive heat transfer. The right R-value you will require will depend on factors such as your locality’s climate zone and the space you are insulated.
- Fiberglass is also available in loose-fill form: Although batts are often easy to install, the work becomes challenging for attics with minimal crawl and headroom space for one to maneuver around, cumbersome spacing between joists, cooling, and heating units, or other obstructions on the ground and pipes on the walls. Luckily, you can avoid the headache of dicing insulating fiberglass batt to a specific size using loose-fill fiberglass.
- It is cheap: Fiberglass insulation is not only effective, eco-friendly, energy-efficient, and durable, but it is also a cost-effective material. Although fiberglass products are excellent insulators, they are relatively cheap. The cost point and energy savings make fiberglass products ideal for home insulation.
- Enhances your well-being: Fiberglass insulation improves the thermal comfort of your home. When your home is comfortable, your physiological and mental health improves. You feel less stressed and calmer; thus, you become more productive. Furthermore, combining fiberglass insulation with balanced humidity levels and better ventilation can enhance your home’s thermal comfort —and consequently, your overall well-being.
Are you looking for a home insulation expert? For over 21 years, Ace Insulation Inc. has been offering high-quality insulation installation services. We have several products to choose from, including spray foam and fiberglass. For more information, call (707) 584-8377.
Categorised in: Fiberglass insulation