When it comes to insulating your new commercial building, you know choosing the right type is an important decision. Installing insulation with too low of an R-value, or resistance to heat flow, can lead to higher energy bills and uncomfortable conditions inside the space. Commercial insulation also needs to be top-notch when it comes to fire resistance, noise reduction and more.
While there are many options for insulation available, one of the most popular in the commercial world today is K-13, a special type of spray insulation in Petaluma, CA.
Created by the International Cellulose Corporation (ICC), K-13 is a spray-applied cellulose insulation that offers a wide variety of benefits. It’s used primarily in commercial buildings to insulate ceilings because it acts as an exposed finish and can be applied to almost any surface that is properly prepared, including wood, metal and glass. No other materials are necessary to complete the interior look of walls and ceilings when K-13 is spray-installed.
K-13 spray insulation is made from recycled natural cellulose fibers mixed with chemical treatments and a binding adhesive. When it is sprayed into the insulation area, the insulation creates dead air space between the fibers and fills cracks and seams to provide ample insulation.
This type of insulation is ideal for thicknesses between ¾ inch and 5 inches and provides R-values between 3 and 19. Additionally, K-13 has a High-R system for higher R-value insulation options.
K-13 offers both thermal and acoustic benefits, which makes it an excellent choice for commercial spaces that need to be cognizant of their energy usage as well as the noise that travels through the building.
Additionally, K-13 offers condensation control, enhanced durability, interesting texture and a number of color choices to fit perfectly in your commercial space. Even better, its installation cost is typically lower than that of similar alternative insulation products on the market.
Due to the complex process of mixing the fibers and chemicals with the adhesive, K-13 must be installed by a factory-licensed professional with required specialized machines and nozzles. This is not a DIY type of insulation project.
Benefits of installing K-13 insulation
K-13 insulation offers commercial building owners numerous benefits when they choose to use this spray insulation in Petaluma, CA:
- Durability: K-13 insulation does not need mechanical support to hold itself in place, but is very strong and long lasting. Most installations can last decades.
- Different colors: While most other insulation products on the market are hidden behind walls and only come in one color, K-13 is available in numerous colors and can even be customized to match the building’s interior.
- Versatility: Because K-13 can be applied on virtually any prepared surface, it is extremely versatile in terms of application and building construction use.
- Noise reduction: The fibers in K-13 absorb sound rather than reflect it, helping to reduce noise levels within the building.
- Eco-friendly: K-13 is made with 80 percent recycled materials, making it a “green” alternative to other types of insulation. Additionally, the adhesives don’t decrease indoor air quality, and the production of K-13 uses lower amounts of energy.
If you are interested in learning more about spray insulation in Petaluma, CA, call Ace Insulation Inc. Our experienced team of experts can handle any of your insulation needs, whether you require fiberglass, spray foam or loose fill in your home or commercial space. Call us today!
Categorised in: Spray foam insulation