Even in California, winter temperatures can have you reaching for fuzzy socks and warm blankets just to keep out the chill. When you can keep the inside of your home warm and toasty, it makes the season much more comfortable for you, your family and your guests. If you feel like you are constantly having to ward off the cold weather while you’re inside your home, it might be a good idea to take some steps to preserve heat within your space.
Even though there may not be one single thing that improves the heat efficiency of your home, there are several smaller steps that you can take to stay warm this winter. Before temperatures dip too low, make sure that you prepare your home with these winter efficiency tips:
- Keep up on HVAC service and maintenance: Your heating system will perform much better if it is serviced and maintained according to a regular schedule. Contact your HVAC technician for help making sure that your system is operating as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Be smart about your heating habits: You don’t have to heat your entire home the same way. If you can, try modifying the thermostats in your home so that the rooms that are most used are heated more than rooms that won’t be used. This helps you ensure that you are using energy for effective heating and not wasting any money heating rooms that aren’t in use.
- Minimize drafts: Drafty doors and windows can be huge wastes of energy in your home. Make sure to seal gas between your doors and your floor to reduce the influx of cold outside air. You should also make sure to keep your doors and windows closed throughout your home and reduce the amount of time that they are opened while guests are coming and going.
- Safeguard windows: Windows can be one of the weakest points in your home when it comes to heat insulation. If you have flimsy windows that tend to be drafty, try using heavy curtains to prevent heat from escaping. You might also consider replacing your windows with more energy efficient models.
- Insulate your attic: It may surprise you just how much heat escapes from your home through your attic. Insulating your attic or replacing old home insulation in Petaluma, CA can greatly increase your energy efficiency and ensure that your home is as comfortable as possible for you and your family.
If you want to update your home’s insulation to ensure that you stay warm all winter long, you can get expert help with installation from Ace Insulation Inc. Since 2011, we have been providing expert assistance with home insulation in Petaluma, CA. We have years of experience working with a wide range of insulation materials and we can help you find the insulation solutions that are right for your home, your needs and your budget. We can help you ensure that your home stays comfortable this winter and that you are getting the most out of your energy expenses. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation.
Categorised in: Home Insulation