If you thought insulation is just important for blocking cold air during the winter months, think again! Home insulation in Northern California is crucial in all four seasons, but especially in the summertime, when you need to reduce heat transfer and remain comfortable inside. This post will teach you everything there is to know about heat transfer and insulation in the summertime:
- Lowers attic heat: The roof is where the majority of heat transfer starts in a home. The roof absorbs sunlight and outdoor heat and disperses it throughout the attic. If you’ve been in an unfinished attic in the middle of the summer, you’ve experienced this heat transfer firsthand! Adding more insulation in the attic or upgrading what you already have is the best way to stop heat transfer.
- Maintains home temperature: It’d be nice if that heat up in the attic would stay there, but that’s not how heat transfer works. That heat from the attic must go somewhere, and it typically radiates down into your living space. The best way to reduce heat transfer to your home and maintain a steady internal temperature is to add insulation to the flooring in your attic. Blown-in insulation is usually the preferred insulation type for this project.
- Reduces energy bills: If your house has better insulation up in the attic, your AC unit won’t have to work as hard to cool your living space. If your AC isn’t working as hard, it won’t suck up as much energy. Adding insulation could save you hundreds of dollars on your heating and cooling costs throughout the year, and it can be a DIY project in some situations.
What should be done?
There’s no reason to live in an uncomfortably hot home or pay outrageous energy bills during the summer. Nip those problems in the bud by following these steps:
- Get an energy audit: The first step in the process of lowering the temperature and reducing heat transfer is getting an energy audit. A professional energy audit will determine where the weak spots are in your home and help us come up with a plan to fix them.
- Add more insulation: If your energy audit determines that your home is under-insulated, adding home insulation in Northern California is a no-brainer. Talk to the professionals at Ace Insulation Inc. today about how adding insulation is a fast and affordable way to stay cool and save a ton of money this summer.
- Consider upgrading your insulation: You might also want to upgrade your current insulation if what you already have is outdated. New spray foam insulation is much more effective than fiberglass—you could save 40 percent on your energy costs by switching today.
With summer heat on its way, there’s never been a better time to add or upgrade your home insulation in Northern California! Whether you’re looking to improve your attic insulation with spray foam or bolster what you currently have, our team at Ace Insulation Inc. can get the job done. Get in touch today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Home Insulation