Insulation is insulation, right? Wrong! There are tons of different types and brands out there. Some types of insulation are better than others, and are better for different areas in your home. If you’re building a house or if you’re thinking about adding more insulation to your current home, the following information will help you figure out which type of insulation is best for you and your home.
What types of insulation are there?
Before we dive into which insulation you should install, it’d be helpful to learn a little bit about some of the most common types of insulation:
- Spray foam: By and large, spray insulation in Petaluma, CA is some of the best insulation on the market. It expands to fill even the smallest cracks, so you can rest easy knowing that you shouldn’t have to deal with any outside air creeping in.
- Batts: Insulation batts are precut sections of fiberglass or rock wool insulation. Even the most inexperienced folks can install these batts, so they’re great for homeowners who have a DIY itch.
- Rolls: Insulation rolls are another option. Similar to batts, they’re easy to install for anyone with a can-do work ethic and a bit of extra time on their hands.
- Blown-in insulation: Made of fiberglass or rock wool, blown-in insulation is a solid choice if you’re insulating hard to reach places. We’re experts at installing blown-in insulation—get in touch with us today if you think this might be the best option for you.
Obviously, your budget is something you’ve got to keep in mind for any home improvement project. If you just want to add insulation on the cheap, spray foam isn’t your best bet. Spray foam is fairly expensive, and typically requires professional installation. On the other hand, it’s also the most effective insulation, so it’s one of those “you get what you pay for” situations. If you’re just looking to add some insulation without breaking the bank, consider batts or insulation rolls; they’re not too expensive, and you can install them yourself. Give us a call today to get a quote for spray foam or blown-in installation!
Where your insulation is going is just as important as your budget. Different types of insulation are more effective in different locations around the house:
- Small cracks: Spray foam is your go-to insulation for filling any small cracks. As mentioned above, it expands upon installation and blocks any air from coming in or going out. Though it’s great for small cracks, people across the country are starting to use it for all of their insulation needs. Its high R-value along with its fireproof and waterproof qualities make it a fantastic choice.
- Attics: Insulating your attic is a must. Unfortunately, it can be difficult in those hard to reach areas. That’s where blown-in insulation can come in to play! Blown-in insulation quickly fills in all of those nooks and crannies in the back of your attic, where other types of insulation can’t reach.
- Walls: Though spray foam is getting more and more popular, batts of insulation are still the number one choice for walls. As long as they’re cut properly, they fit like a glove in between the studs of your walls.
Whether you’re looking to install blown-in insulation or spray insulation in Petaluma, CA, let Ace Insulation Inc. install it for you! We have years of experience in the business, so you can trust that the job will be done right the first time.
Categorised in: Spray foam insulation