Home insulation experts are often asked the question, “Why do I need attic insulation?” The simplest answer is that, when installed right, attic insulation increases indoor comfort while also lowering your energy costs, among other reasons. Whether you are considering converting your attic to a comfortable living space or simply want to protect your home or building from the elements, you should hire a professional to install quality insulation. Doing so will better ensure lower energy costs, an ideal indoor living environment and cozy temperatures all year round.
There are three common types of attic insulation in Petaluma, CA. The right one for you depends on your space and insulation needs:
- Blown-in and loose fill: This type of insulation material is installed as small components that are blown into place inside your attic. It will cover your attic floor completely, offering exceptional insulation power.
- Sprayed: A sprayed insulation material—typically fiberglass or cellulose—is a great, high-quality choice, but even more so if your HVAC or split HVAC system is up in the attic. Additional insulation may be needed along the ceiling; a spray material works very well.
- Batts: Each piece of batt insulation is large and thick, but while this material can insulate well, it’s not unusual for pieces to be uneven. This unevenness leads to a lack of complete coverage.
Here are five excellent reasons to install high-quality attic insulation in Petaluma, CA:
- Reduced AC and heating needs: It’s typical for homeowners and business owners to turn up the heater in winter and crank the air conditioner in summer. However, this results in increased energy consumption. To reduce your HVAC usage while still maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature, consider adding to or replacing your attic insulation. The HVAC won’t have to work as hard, thus possibly extending its lifespan.
- Consistent indoor air temperatures: Uneven and inconsistent indoor temperatures are caused by constant air leakage through the ceiling. You will notice a major difference in temperatures from room to room. With proper attic insulation in Petaluma, CA, you will get a more consistent temperature throughout your home or business.
- Prevent damage in the attic: Most homeowners use their attic as a storage space, or they may upgrade it to a functional living space. If you have poor insulation, then the elements can get in and destroy stored items, or make the added living space too uncomfortable to inhabit.
- Avoid moisture buildup: When cooking in the kitchen and using the shower, some of the steam that forms in the areas below the attic will make its way upward. An attic that is not insulated or poorly insulated could trap vapors inside, turning them into condensation that could cause mildew growth or structural damage.
- Lower energy bills: Between drafty areas and constantly fluctuating temperatures, your HVAC system ends up working super hard. Your energy use will go up, and so will your costs. Improve your insulation to lower both.
At Ace Insulation Inc., our knowledgeable staff can help you choose the right attic insulation in Petaluma, CA to suit your home’s or business’ comfort needs. Give us a call today to learn more!
Categorised in: Attic Insulation