The holiday season may be over, but winter is just beginning. Here at Ace Insulation Inc, we are all about helping our customers save money and be more comfortable in their homes all year round. We know that high heating bills can stretch a lot of household budgets during the winter, even here in California. But fortunately, there are several measures you can take to lessen your heater’s load this winter, ranging from covering your windows to installing more or better home insulation in Petaluma, CA. With that in mind, here are seven things you can do to keep your heating bills low and your house warm this winter:
- Natural warmth: Even in winter, we still have access to the ultimate heating system: the sun! Figure out a few hours each day when sunlight hits certain windows in your home, and make an effort to open up your blinds and let in as much warmth as possible when you are able.
- Cover your windows: Although you should make an effort to let in natural sunlight, you should probably keep your windows covered on cloudy, drafty days. And if your windows are old and let out a lot of heat, reinforce them with thick, clear plastic. If you can afford to fully replace your windows, that’s even better.
- Be smart with your thermostat: Are there at least a few hours during the middle of the day in your household when the kids are at school, the adults are at work or running errands and nobody is home? If so, program your thermostat to drop its temperature during that time to save a little money.
- Fill the cracks: Doorframes, holes in windows, basement leaks and other small openings to your home could be causing big problems for your house’s degree of warmth. If you can repair them, great, but otherwise do your best to seal them during the winter.
- Extra blankets: Here in Petaluma, temperatures tend to drop the most at night. Investing in some very warm new wool blankets for every bed in the house might seem obvious, but it can go a long way toward keeping your family warm without overworking your heater.
- Heater maintenance: If you have not invested in routine heater maintenance lately, then your heater could be needlessly and inefficiently overworking itself without your even knowing it. Have a fully certified and experienced HVAC repair service visit your home to ensure this is not the case.
- Insulation: Finally, as useful as all of the above measures may be, the absolute best thing you can do to save money and stay warm this winter is invest in high quality home insulation in Petaluma, CA. Find a reputable insulation service and set up an appointment as soon as possible.
For more information about how insulation can keep your home warm and help save you money this winter, please get in touch with Ace Insulation Inc anytime. Our team looks forward to hearing from you.
Categorised in: Home Insulation